I received my Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology at Antioch University Seattle, graduating from their couple and family therapy program. My undergraduate degree is in English from Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma, WA. I have training in family systems therapy, couples therapy, child development, parenting and positive behavior management and trauma healing. I work with couples, individual adults, children, adolescents and parents. My experience includes assisting clients at two community mental health settings, therapy in schools programs and in my private practice in Port Townsend, Washington. I identify as straight and use she/her pronouns.
I am licensed in the State of Washington as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), credential #LF 60256546. In addition, the Washington State Division of Behavioral Health & Recovery has certified me as a Mental Health Professional who has met the education and experience requirements set forth in WAC 388-865-0150 to qualify as a Child Mental Health Specialist (CMHS). I am trained to work with individuals, couples and families.
My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical skills, strategies and feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate complementary therapeutic approaches, techniques and skills-coaching to offer a highly personalized approach to each client, couple or family. With compassion, I work to help you build on your strengths and attain the positive changes you want in your life.
I specialize in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) and Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT). I base my therapeutic approaches in the Attachment Theory of relationships. I work with a broad spectrum of clients, including Individuals, Teens, Couples and Families. In addition to being a therapist, I am a long-time resident of Port Townsend, a parent and a happily married person who enjoys the wonders of the Olympic Peninsula and the beauty of living in Jefferson County.
- Education: Antioch University, Seattle, Washington, Master’s in Clinical Psychology, Child, Couple and Family Therapy Program, 2008. BA from Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington, double major in English & Religion, 1979.
- License, Certifications: Washington Dept. of Health, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), credential # LF 60256546 and a Certified “Child Mental Health Specialist”.
- Additional Training: I attend continuing education professional trainings multiple times each year to maintain my license and to be up-to-date on best practices and research in mental health.
- Professional Activities and Memberships: Clinical Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT); Clinical Member of the Washington Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (WAMFT) and adhere to their ethical guidelines in my practice. These can be viewed at: http://www.aamft.org/resources/LRMPlan/Ethics/index.asp.
- Professional case consultation: I meet with a group of therapists in consultation in order to maintain high standards of ongoing education and practice. I do not reveal the identity of any client in these consultations.